Here are some things to look for when deciding if you should use a survey site:
1. How do earn for surveys? You want to focus on sites that pay cash per survey (or in points that have a cash value.) It is fine if they offer sweepstakes in addition to the points, but don’t waste your time on sites that only offer “chances” to win in exchange for your time.
2. How much do you earn? You are not going to get rich taking surveys, but your time is worth something so make sure the payout is worth the time spent answering the questions. Most companies pay at least .50 per 10 minutes the survey takes. There is also variation on most sites.
3. How often are you actually qualifying for the surveys? Most of the time you will receive survey invitations in your email and you have to complete a qualifier to see if they still need someone that is you gender/age/nationality/income level, etc.,. Some companies will send you a ton of qualifiers, but you never actually qualify for the survey. Some companies will give you rewards for completing the qualifier so that is a nice bonus.
4. What is the pay out level? I prefer sites that have a payout level of $20 or less (preferably $5 or $10). If a site requires you to earn more than $20 to redeem your earnings it may not be the best to use.
5. What do you earn? I only do surveys for cash or gift cards. If a company offers prizes instead I do not waste my time. You know what you want to earn, but before putting in a lot of time to earn, you will want to make sure you are working towards something that has value for you.