This year a lot of stores are going to be in the price matching game which means you have more options for picking up all of the great deals this holiday season! Here are the stores that are offering holiday price matching and the details of each program. Some stores have yet to release the official Price Match Policy
for the holiday season so I will keep updating and let you know what changes! These policies are great if you plan to buy some of this season’s hottest toys that are very likely to sell out by the first week of December, but you still want the best price!
Walmart’s Ad Match Guarantee will be in effect on Black Friday.
We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*
- Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
- Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)
- Competitors’ ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
- Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
- For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)
*The following are guidelines and limitations:
- We will match any local competitor’s advertised price.
- We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor’s ad.
- Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)
We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
- example: “Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C”
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
- example: “Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free”
- Items that require a purchase to get a competitors’ gift card
- example: “Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card
- Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
- Going out of business or closeout prices
- Percentage off
- example: “All mascara, 40% off”
- Competitors’ private label price promotions
We do not honor:
- Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
- Internet pricing
- Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
- “Going out of business” sales or “closeout” prices
The Holiday Price Guarantee does not apply to Black Friday sales.
Target will be offering a holiday Price Match policy this year starting November 1st. They will NOT be matching deal on 11/22-11/24.
Holiday Price Matching: Target prices and competitor printed adsWe’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and find the identical item for less at Target, Target.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price and we’ll match that price at the Guest Service desk.
- The original Target receipt must be brought in when requesting the price match by Dec. 24.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- For matching Target.com, the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested. Target.com pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
- For matching competitor ads, the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested.
- Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
- Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22–24 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded.
- We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16 and find the identical item for less at Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com or BabiesRUs.com. Simply show us the current online price using your mobile device, or bring in a printed page showing the current online price by Dec. 16. The online price and availability will be validated by a Target team member at the Guest Service desk.
- Excludes “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from 3rd party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
- Excludes Target stores in Alaska and Hawaii.
- Limit quantity of 1 online price match per identical item, per guest.
- Must bring in original Target receipt when requesting the price match by Dec. 16.
- The retail price must be shown on the competitor’s website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- Online prices from Nov. 22–26 are excluded.
- Excludes online prices from competitors not listed above.
What is excluded from the Holiday Price Match?In addition, the following exclusions apply:
- Items originally purchased at Target.com
- Prices that only display on a website after guests log in
- Purchases from CityTarget stores
- For items that are out of stock at Target or a competitor at the time the price match is requested; rain checks will not be issued for any item being price matched
- Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity
- Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee)
- Competitor coupon-required or gift card offers
- Competitor price matches on items where Target is offering a free gift card
- Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off
- Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement
- Free product where no qualifying purchase is required
- Bundled offers (including Amazon.com add-on items) and special purchases
- Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)
- Sales tax promotions
- Damaged, refurbished and open package product
- Clearance or closeout items
- Mail in offers or instant rebates
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
- Going-out-of-business liquidations
- Offers that include financing
- Used or previously owned items
- Pricing or typographical errors
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers
- Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name)
- Contract cell phone plans and devices
- Daily Deals, Lightning Deals, Gold Box Deals, Today’s Deals, Deal of the Day, Deal Near to Me, Value of the Day, Special Buy
- Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match
All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes.
If you didn’t know, there is an everyday Target Price Match policy.
Last year, in addition to the regular Exchange Price Match Policy outlined below, the Exchange offered a special Holiday Price Match Policy on all items purchased November 1-December 24th. If customers find a lower price after purchasing, they can bring back the receipt and will be issued the difference as an Exchange gift card. I imagine they will once again offer this and as soon as they release the official Holiday Price Match for this year I will update and bump this post.
Here are the important details from the Price Match Policy:
The Exchange – including Shoppettes, Class Six, Car Care, and troop stores- will match a local competitor’s price on identical stock (same brand, manufacturer, and same model number). For differences of less than $10 an ad is not required, but for a difference of $10 or more an ad will be required to verify the price. This guarantee covers merchandise for up to 14 days past the date of purchase.
Exchange brick & mortar stores only match other brick & mortar stores, while the Exchange Catalog and shopmyexchange.com will match a lower price (including shipping and handling) from other online retailers.
The Exchange will not match the Commissary, bonus or free offers, clearance prices, and closeout prices, mail in rebates, instant “In-store” rebates, store coupons, double and triple coupon offers, flat percentage off items, and gasoline. This also includes items advertised as special offers or promotions, free-with-purchase offers, limited quantity offers, bundled promotions and special financing..
Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us will match competitor store pricing on ALL products in our store.
Here are the guidelines:
- Price Match is valid for in-store purchases only.
- We will match all competitor store advertised prices.
- We’ll match Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com online pricing in our stores, except for online-only prices.
- Items purchased must be identical to the items advertised (e.g., brand, color, size).
- The original, complete competitor ad, with valid dates, must be presented at time of purchase.
- Prices are matched after deducting any Toys”R”Us and/or Babies”R”Us coupon savings and other offers from our price.
- Price match is given at the time of purchase or within 7 days of purchase date with a valid receipt.
We will not match prices for competitors’:
- Category-wide or storewide discounts
- Buy One Get One with purchase offers
- Gift with purchase offers
- Percentage (%) off discounts
- Out-of-stock or limited quantity items
- Doorbuster items
- Prices advertised on Black Friday
- Internet pricing for non-baby gear items
Plus! We’ll also match online prices for all identical items or models of baby gear merchandise from selected national competitors who carry a large variety of juvenile and baby products.
Additional guidelines for baby gear:
- Online advertisements and prices from selected national competitors will be price matched in store.
- Competitor shipping charges will be calculated and factored in the cost of the online price.
- Baby gear includes the following items: high chair, play yards, swings, bouncers, entertainers, bassinets, doorway jumpers,
- jumperoos, car seats and accessories, strollers and accessories, shopping cart covers, bottle totes and changing pads.
Retail Competitors – Stores
If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number currently available for sale at another local competitor’s retail store, Sears will match that price. Just bring in the original advertisement to a sales associate at the time of, or within 14 days after, your purchase.
Retail Competitors – Online
If you find a lower online price (including any costs for shipping and handling, but not delivery) on an identical brand and model number currently available from a local competitor’s retail store honoring its own online price and the item is currently available for sale and delivery in your area, Sears will match the price of the merchandise. Just print the ordering page (including the costs for shipping and handling), and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 14 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from sears.com, please fill out a Price Match form. Sears will not price match internet-only retailers.
Sears Branded Stores and Sears Branded Websites
If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number from another Sears branded non-outlet retail format or website, Sears will match that price. Sears will not price match limited time Online Only events, special Online Price, or conditional Online Only Special Offers on our websites. Only items listed as Sold by Sears or Sold by Kmart are eligible for price matching on our websites. Sears will not price match any Marketplace items or any items sold by Sears Outlet or searsoutlet.com. All other rules for qualification apply.
Sears will not price match competitor’s items that are limited in quantity, offered for sale for less than six hours during a day or door busters. Sears will not price match items offered for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, bonus or free offers, special offers, online-only offers, bundled offers, rebates, any special financing offers, coupons, protection agreements, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Sears will not price match services (including, but not limited to, delivery, installation, and assembly), parts, Sears Licensed partner websites, digital services, Sears Presents or Shop At Home catalogs. Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska, and Hawaii will not match any online prices. Sears will not match typographical errors or competitor’s prices that result from a price match. Sears will not price match Kenmore items at non-Sears Holdings retail formats.
Price Protection Policy
Buy with confidence from Sears. If an item you have purchased from Sears goes on sale for a lower price within 14 days of your purchase, Sears will refund the difference. All Price Match rules and exclusions apply including no Price Protection adjustments between Thanksgiving Day and the Monday after Thanksgiving.
To claim a Price Protection Policy adjustment, go to your original Sears store where the purchase was made with your receipt. If your purchase was made on Sears.com, please fill out a Price Protection form.. You will be given a refund for the difference of the original selling price and the current advertised/reduced price. Apparel clearance merchandise and conditional Online Only Special Offers do not qualify for Price Protection Policy adjustments.
Price Match Policy FAQs
Q: What if the local competitor item is not listed as being limited quantity, but the item is not in stock?
A: If a local competitor is out of stock of the particular item, we will not match the local competitor price. In stock means that the item is available for same day pickup or can be delivered within 7 days by the competitor. We reserve the right to call the local competitor to verify if the item is in stock.
Q: What do you consider to be a local competitor retail store?
A: Local competitor retail store refers to a store that is in the same market area and/or within a reasonable distance of our store.
Q: How do you handle a price match if the Sears price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?
A: The Sears net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Sears will not apply if a price match is executed.
Q: What does identical item mean?
A: An identical item is the same brand and model number. This item must be new and in-carton and include the same US warranty and same accessories as the Sears item. For tires in Sears Automotive, identical means the same brand, model number and tire size.
Q: What are the other Sears branded formats?
A: Sears branded non-outlet retail formats or websites include Sears, Sears Grand, Sears Hardware, Sears Hometown Stores, sears.com, and searshometownstores.com. We do not price match merchandise from Sears Outlet Stores, searsoutlet.com, or any Marketplace items on Sears Holdings websites.
Q: Does Sears match retail stores that require a membership?
A: Sears will match membership club stores. Customers must present their current membership card along with the proof of the price that is being matched. Sears does not price match military PX retail stores.
Q: What is the difference between shipping/handling and delivery?
A: Shipping and handling refers to the costs associated with mail-order such as the U.S Postal Service or UPS Package Delivery. Delivery refers to the cost of a service performed by the Sears Home Delivery group which includes basic unpacking and setup services.
Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor’s store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.
The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors’ website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors’ service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.
I have also heard rumor that H-E-B Plus! Stores may be price matching this year! I am waiting on confirmation, but that would be pretty awesome!